Before taking part in the competition, participant should carefully read and abide by all terms of this agreement. A participant who clicks "Confirm" shall be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions hereunder and agree to be bound by this agreement; If the participant does not agree with any of the terms of this agreement or fails to accurately understand the interpretation of the terms of the JDD Space Station, please do not proceed with any further operation. Participant who has any questions about the terms of this agreement may contact us through the officially announced approaches on the JD DT-JDD Space Station (hereinafter referred to as "JDD Space Station").
In light of:
1.Participant will take part in corresponding competitions organized by the sponsor through the JDD Space Station.
2.During the competition, participant will obtain information furnished by the sponsor from the JDD Space Station continuously, which is referred to as "confidential information" hereinafter, and the exact definition will be explained below.
The two parties sign the following agreement through friendly negotiation on the rules of entry and confidential information on the basis of equality, voluntariness, and fairness.
I. Rules of Entry
1.Participant is required to register to become the user of JD, log in, and download the data package of corresponding event to participate in the competition with their own algorithm tools. Participant promises that the above account and password will be properly kept and will only be used by the participants, teams, and team members during the competition. The account may not be assigned, leased, or loaned to any third party in any form. Participant is responsible for all actions about using the account and password, and should immediately notify the JDD Space Station if their account is subject to unauthorized access, use, or other security issues.
2.Participant declares and guarantees that he or she will comply with the following requirements:
2.1Do not imitate, modify, translate, adapt, loan, sell, sublicense, spread or transfer confidential information on the internet, nor reversely engineer, disassemble, decompile, disintegrate, or attempt to find the source code of JD Finance, JD DT, or the JDD Space Station in other ways;
2.2 Do not send, upload, or store computer codes, files, scripts and programs with virus, worm, Trojan, and other harmful contents;
2.3 Do not use JD Finance, JD DT, and the JDD Space Station to distribute large amounts of unwanted or unsolicited emails, electronic advertisements, or contents containing reactionary, pornographic, and other harmful information;
2.4 Do not use resources and services provided by the JDD Space Station to upload, download, store, and publish any information or content of violation, infringement, defamation, obscenity, pornography, immorality, fraud, illegal intimidation, or illegal harassment, nor facilitate the dissemination of such information to others (including but not limited to setting the URL, BANNER link, etc.);
2.5 Do not create or take use of the equipment and configuration to operate programs or progresses that have nothing to do with the competition, nor write malicious code intentionally to occupy a large quantity of JD Finance server memory, CPU, or network bandwidth to bring unbearable load to JD Finance or other user's network, server (including but not limited to local, nonlocal, and international network and server, etc.), and product/application, and to influence the connection between JD Finance and the international internet or between JD Finance and other certain networks, or to crash the server of JD Finance or other users’ websites, or to make products/applications based on JD Finance inaccessible, etc.;
2.6 Do not undermine or have the attempt to undermine the network security (including but not limited to phishing, hacking, internet fraud, implanting or disseminating virus, Trojan, or malicious code in the website and Space Station, and attacking other websites and servers through virtual server);
2.7 Do not make any changes or attempt to change the system configuration provided by JD Finance or damage the system security;
2.8 Do not infringe upon legitimate rights and interests of JD Finance and/or its affiliates or any third party;
2.9 If the service of JD Finance involves the using based on the agreement of the third-party data and software, the user agrees to abide by the relevant license agreement;
2.10 Do not engage in any other cheating, illegal, delinquent, or inappropriate behaviors.
3.This letter agreement includes the main body and all rules, notices, and announcements that have been issued or may be issued by the JDD Space Station (collectively, "rules"). All rules are integral parts of the agreement and have the same legal effect as the main body of the agreement. This agreement and/or rules may be formulated and amended from time to time in accordance with the operation of the platform. Any changes will be announced on the website and will not be notified to you individually. The revised agreement and rules shall become automatically effective upon release and become part of this agreement. If you do not agree with the changes, you should immediately stop using service of the JDD Space Station. If you continue to use the JDD Space Station, you will be deemed to have no objection to the modified protocols and rules and agree to abide by them.
4. The JDD Space Station reserves the right to add, delete, modify, upgrade, assign, suspend, or terminate the products, data, and functional modules of the JDD competition platform at any time in specific circumstances, or is entitled to suspend provision due to regular and irregular maintenance, and/or adjustment of national laws, regulations, policies, and financial data disclosure policies of JD Finance. The JDD Space Station further reserves the right to develop new services, modules, functions, or other language services. This agreement shall continue to apply to the provision of all new services, modules, and functions described above unless otherwise stated.
If the JDD Space Station adopts the above adjustments, it will notify you on the platform webpage within a reasonable period of time, instead of notifying you separately. The adjusted content will take effect automatically upon launch. If you do not agree with the above adjustments, you should immediately stop using service of the JDD Space Station; if you continue to use the JDD Space Station service, you will be deemed to have no objection to the adjusted content and agree to comply.
II. Intellectual property rights
1.The sponsor has legitimate interests in all data provided in this competition.
2.Unless both parties have other agreement, the intellectual property rights of the outcomes developed independently by the participant (including but not limited to algorithms, data, visual ideas, visual products, etc.) shall be owned by the participant, and the participant hereby shall promise to use the research outcomes only for academic research and not for any commercial activities or profits. Otherwise the sponsor is entitled to require the participant to be accountable for their behavior. The participant agrees the sponsor to use all the above deliverables (if any) worldwide for free without limitation and irrevocably, including in collaborative research, commercial use, etc.; new outcomes or achievements (if any) that generated by using the above deliverables belong to the sponsor.
3.If the sponsor intends to obtain the outcomes of the competition, which are independently developed by the participant and enjoy complete intellectual property rights, the participant agrees that the sponsor, under the same conditions, shall have the priority to be granted. Assignment terms shall be negotiated and determined by both parties in additional agreement.
4.Participant shall ensure that the outcomes generated by using the data provided by the sponsor of the competition for the purpose of the competition does not infringe upon the legitimate rights and interests of any third party. If any third party files a claim or lawsuit against the JDD Space Station or the event sponsor in terms of the above outcomes, all liabilities and losses arising therefrom shall be borne by the participant. The sponsor may unilaterally require the JDD Space Station to disqualify the participant and immediately terminate this agreement.
III. The content and use of confidential information
In view of the obligation of the participant to keep confidential information of the sponsor, participant hereby agrees to strictly abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. All information (including tryouts, final, or information that are provided by the sponsor or open to be downloaded by the participant on the JDD Space Station) that are disclosed or provided by the sponsor and that are obtained, informed, or exchanged by the participant from the sponsor, including but not limited to:
(1) Operation data, transaction data, users’ information, technology materials, algorithms, source codes, financial information, operational channels, and solutions, softwares, procedures and handbooks, etc;
(2) Data and information that are obtained from the third party and that should be kept confidential;
(3) Any other confidential or special data and information;
(4) Data and information that are not accessible to the general public or officially disclosed in public place;
(5) Data and information that are not listed in this agreement but should be kept confidential based on the principle of careful use;
Both parties acknowledge that all the above information is confidential and is of great importance and commercial value to the sponsor. Any leakage or improper use of such information will cause serious impact and economic loss. Participant agrees to keep the above information strictly confidential.
2.In order to avoid unnecessary disputes, confidential information shall not include :(a) information available to the general public without violating this agreement; (b) information within the possession of the participant prior to it being furnished by the sponsor but is not obliged to be kept confidential; (c) information obtained by the participant from a third party without the obligation to keep it confidential.
3.The sponsor is not accountable for the accuracy, applicability, completeness, and rationality of the confidential information, and does not give any explicit or implicit representations and warranties. The JDD Space Station is not responsible for the participant's use of confidential information.
4.Participant promises to use confidential information in designated areas and platforms as required by the JDD Space Station and the sponsor. Without prior written consent, participant shall not obtain or use confidential information in a manner that goes against the requirements of the JDD Space Station or the sponsor. Participant also shall not reveal, spread, sell, transfer, or apply in any commercial event the confidential information to a third party in any form. If the sponsor has made the data on the competition platform unable to be copied or to be downloaded, participant shall comply with all the settings and use confidential information as required.
5.Participant shall intentionally protect the above confidential information and take all necessary confidentiality measures.
6.Participant agrees that he or she shall use the Confidential Information solely for the purpose of the competition. Participant is strictly prohibited from using confidential information beyond the scope of the competition, or selling, assigning, or using it for any commercial purpose.
Participant shall keep the information confidential upon its furnishing by the sponsor till its disclosure to the general public. Participant’s obligation will not be terminated upon the termination, suspension, or modification of the whole or partial terms of this agreement. The date of the furnishing of the confidential information, in this agreement, shall be the date on which any member of the participant log on the JDD Space Station with the account for the first time.
V. liability for breach
1. If confidential information is used or disclosed without authorization, or if participant discovers that the confidential information has been or is about to be disclosed, participant shall promptly notify the sponsor and assist in preventing the confidential information from further disclosure.
2. Participant agrees that the unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential information will cause irreparable losses and major damages to the sponsor. The sponsor is entitled to an injunction or appropriate relief from the competent People's Court. Participant indemnifies the sponsor against all the costs of threatened losses and infringement (including but not limited to legal costs). The sponsor is entitled to require JDD Space Station to disqualify the participant unilaterally and terminate the agreement.
3. Participant promises that the sponsors is entitled to or authorize the JDD Space Station to investigate whether there is any breach by the participant. If the participant breaches any terms of this letter agreement, the sponsor has the authority to require JDD Space Station to disqualify the participant and terminate the agreement. And all the costs shall be borne by the participant.
4. Participant indemnifies the sponsor against all the losses suffered by the sponsor or the JDD Space Station, compensations claimed by any user or third party, or punishments by any administration due to violation of laws, regulations, or this letter agreement, including reasonable legal costs, notarization costs, and other technical evidence collection costs.
5. The participant agrees that no failure or delay by the sponsor or the JDD Space Station in exercising any right and/or no obtaining compensation based on this letter agreement or laws shall operate as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise thereof and/or obtaining compensation based on this letter agreement or laws shall preclude further exercise by or compensation to the sponsor or the JDD Space Station, or adopt other ways to exercise rights or obtain compensations.
VI. Other Terms
1.Either party shall file a lawsuit to the local People's Court of the region where the defendant is upon any dispute generated from, or related to, this letter agreement.
2.This agreement shall be effective upon the online signature of the participant, and is governed by the laws of People’s Republic of China.
3.This letter agreement is signed by operator of JDD Space Station, the sponsor, and the participant.
4.This letter agreement will be terminated upon the participant’s elimination in accordance with the rules of the competition (except for the obligations related to confidential information).
5.Participant agrees that the sponsor has the right to terminate the competition, but shall inform the participant by email via JDD Space Station 7 days in advance. After the termination of the event, participants can delete the accessed algorithm and model data. In case the participant needs JDD Space Station’s assistance for making such deletions, he or she should notify JDD Space Station in advance. The JDD Space Station can inform the participant through email, text message, or other means that the participant registered on the platform. Above notice will be deemed to reach the participant upon the date it is sent. Participant can inquire the sponsor or the JDD Space Station through the address, email address, and other contact approaches officially posted on the JDD Space Station about the notice of the competition.
6.Participant who has any questions about this competition can inquiry through the contact methods posted on the competition platform.
Note: all files or notice for this competition are written in Chinese. The English version is for reference by participant overseas. In case of discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.Please visit the Chinese webpage: https://jdder.jd.com
Copyright © 2004-2018 JD.com All rights reserved